On June 12, 2018, Texas recognized its first official Women Veterans Day, celebrating the 70th Anniversary of the 1948 Women's Armed Services Integration Act. As we prepare to celebrate Veterans Day 2018, Dallas female Veterans can celebrate two additional first:
1) The opening of the Veteran Women's Enterprise Center (VWEC), a national initiative launched in southern Dallas to support Veteran Women Entrepreneurs - veteranwomensec.org and
2) The launched of DFW Female Veteran Post 124, the first and only all-female post in the DFW area;
VWEC & Post 124 invites you to join us as we debut in the Dallas Veterans Day Parade. Texas has the highest number of female Veterans in the nation, let's give them a sampling of the Strength of our Sisterhood!
THIS IS HOW YOU CAN GET ACTIVELY INVOLVED:
1) Sign up to march and represent your Branch;
2) Female Veterans with luxury and/or specialty vehicles can reach out if you would like your vehicle featured in the Paradeveteranwomensec@gmail.com;
3) Volunteer on Saturday 11/10 and/or Sunday 11/11 to decorate our lead vehicle email firstname.lastname@example.org;
4) We are seeking a sponsor for T-Shirts, if anyone is interested, email email@example.com for details;
The actual March begins at 11:15AM, we’re number #118 in the line-up. Positioning for the March begins at 9:00am along Sports Street and Hotel Avenue, just south of the Hyatt Regency Hotel and Reunion Tower.
The parade organizers request that participants exhibit a patriotic theme. Where possible wearing caps/hats identifying their military connection.
Everyone registered should go to the Check-in Tent first to confirm our parade position number has not been changed. Vehicles in the parademust also go to the check in tent and receive directions on where to place their vehicles.
Golf carts will be available to shuttle older and/or disabled participants from the parking area to their assigned starting point. A shuttle bus will be available behind Dallas City Hall that will transport marchers back to Hyatt Regency parking Lot B, after the Parade.
Personal Vehicles (not in the parade) should park in lot B, just West of Sports Street, and unload their passengers.
A map of the route is available on here (www.vetsdayindallas.org).