SBA Accepting 2018 National Small Business Week Awards Nominations
Release Date: Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Release Number: 17-65 ND
FARGO – The U.S. Small Business Administration is now accepting nominations for its 2018 National Small Business Week Awards, including the annual Small Business Person of the Year. Since 1963, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions to their local communities, and to our nation’s economy.
The dedicated website www.sba.gov/nsbw/awards provides forms, criteria and guidelines for submitting a nomination.
SBA Awards given in celebration of National Small Business Week, April 29 – May 5, 2018, include the following:
- Small Business Person of the Year
- One from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam.
- Small Business Exporter of the Year
- Phoenix Awards for Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Public Official
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Volunteer
- Federal Procurement Awards
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Awards for Excellence (for large prime contractors who use small businesses as suppliers and contractors)
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year
- Jody C. Raskind Lender of the Year
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year
- Awards to SBA Resource Partners
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Excellence and Innovation Center Award
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award
All nominations must be submitted no later than 3 p.m. on January 9, 2018. All nomination packages must be hand delivered or mailed to the nearest SBA Office. Email submissions of SBA Awards forms will not be accepted as they contain personally identifiable information (PII).
North Dakota submissions may be hand delivered or mailed to the SBA at 657 2nd Avenue North, Room 360, Fargo, ND 58102, or 102 North 4th Street, Suite 104, Grand Forks, ND 58203.
For additional information, contact Sheri Weston at email@example.com(link sends e-mail) or 701-239-5044.
# # #
About the Small Business Administration
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created in 1953 and since January 13, 2012 has served as a Cabinet-level agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation. The SBA helps Americans start, build and grow businesses. Through an extensive network of field offices and partnerships with public and private organizations, the SBA delivers its services to people throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam. www.sba.gov